At Ippon, We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We turn large amounts of coffee into beautiful Code. We are always learning, and always improving on the latest technologies. We empower our people because they are our biggest asset. We put a high value on our culture, and continue to see success because of the great people that make us who we are.
Ippon values talented individuals who are fun to work with. We also value diversity and the different perspectives our employees bring to Ippon Technologies everyday. We are Java experts and crazy about JHipster! Do you love Open Source Technologies? Are you driven by providing solutions and value to clients? Are you the one everyone comes to for all things Cloud or DevOps? Then Ippon USA is where you belong! And It’s your lucky day, because we are currently seeking a Cloud/ DevOps Engineer.
Are you an experienced DevOps or Cloud Engineer with an Expertise in AWS? Then take your next career step with Ippon Technologies, a Global Java and OSS leader!
. . .
What you will do:
- Working within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications in a production cloud environment.
- Designing and implementing appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influencing other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Redesigning legacy applications for Cloud implementation.
- Automating the provisioning of environments with Chef or Ansible, and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Designing and developing automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our clients
- Participating in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features.
- Representing production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
. . .
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university; MBA is desirable;
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in IT, IT services or consulting work
- 2+ years working with AWS
- (Bonus) Certified AWS Architect
- Experience working with Agile Development practices.
- Experience with Deployment Management tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- 2+ years of experience Production Support experience in Unix and Windows environments
- 2+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps environment
- 2+ years of experience with Linux server automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience with Container technology using Docker
- 2+ years of experience with OOP scripting languages and frameworks
- 2+ years of database experience with Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in interpersonal and written formats;
- Familiarity with agile development best practices preferred;
- Knowledge of IT strategy and management desirable.
. . .
So, do YOU speak Ippon? Tell us about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ippon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.